Sunday, February 11, 2007

oh fat kid...what have you done?

At the end of my life, I want someone to say that. To look back at the life I led, and just ask that one question.

Hopefully, I have made a mess. An absolute mess of this life. Like 3 third graders with a bucket of paint, feathers and glue in your grandmoms living room. You will shake your head at my antics. I will have kicked up so much dust, it's like being in a sandstorm. You will shake your collective heads, throw up your hands and look to the sky and ask the lord why did you have to know me.
That's the promise I make people. I can't say that I will never hurt you. Dissapoint you. Make you beyond pissed. Way beyond exasperated.


But the ride will be interesting. And we both will be better because of it.

I've come to be The Last Mohican.
A marytr, maybe. You might not like me.
You'll love me though. Who doesn't secretly love the fat kid?

You don't have to ride down this path with me. Just root for me.

My next few posts will be for my homeboys. Just to let you know that it's all appreciated.

No comments: